5.21.2011

Florilegia! Part Deux...

Welcome to the second part of Florilegia!

It's way too early in the morning for Saturday considering I was on the road for 10+ hours yesterday and breaking my back moving my sister's stuff back home from school. Anyway, I'd like to finish up the round-up of my last month's activity with the photos below.


We'll start off with a pair lilac images. There are two lilac trees in my backyard - one produces purple flowers and the other, white flowers. I never really paid attention to these flowers until this year after they blossomed from unassuming and rather plain buds. Once bloomed, there was a strong fragrance in the air around the trees.


Below, we have blueberry flowers, some of which will eventually become plump blueberries. I love everything blueberry - muffin, scone, pie, yogurt, juice. I'm not sure why but foods with blueberries are just tasty!



Above, we have a full-view of a clematis flower; below, we have a close-up view. I had several photos of clematis flowers last year but what the heck.


Here we have the purple flowers of some type of green onion/leek/scallion plant from the front yard. These flowers are oddly similar to those of Chinese chives albeit purple rather than white.


The last seven photos here were taken with my DCM-FZ35 with the DMW-LC55 close-up lens attached. This is a nice add-on lens as it gives a 2-3x boost in magnification and a nicer bokeh! 



The two photos above are of lilacs and roses. Below, we have a hoverfly taking a break from erm...hovering. =P This little guy stood still long enough for me to snap some shots of it and boy are they quick when flying around.


Now, for the last round we have a few photos of the mudan species of peony. This flower has beautifully full petals and is quite large.



It seems like we've been getting rain more often than not lately, which puts a damper on my photographic activities but once it stops, a whole other opportunity is presented. Here we have some close-up shots of raindrops gathered on the mudan petals.



Well, that does it for now. We're fully caught up with my latest photographs and I suppose once I have another batch, we'll have my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment