4.11.2011

I was away in the big city for the weekend and missed out on some excellent weather. Luckily, the flowers didn't go anywhere and I was able to get some shots after returning home. Today we have some hyacinth flowers, of the pink variety, which I didn't even realize grew in my front yard. I only happened upon them on my way towards the magnolia trees, which are also in bloom.


Since it was cloudy this evening, I adjusted the white balance accordingly and managed to get warmer colors than what the auto-AWB gave me. The lighter color of the flowers (compared to the bluish/purplish ones) also worked to my advantage, giving me a little bump in shutter speed.


Here's a close-up for the last shot. I have to say that I really enjoy getting close-up views of flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment